Saturday, August 25, 2007

2 Weeks and Counting

If you look at my little ticker at the top of the page, you'll see that I'm now at 38 weeks, which is officially full term, and I only have 2 weeks remaining. CRAZY! When I was pregnant with Maddy I definitely wasn't "done" being pregnant like a lot of people at this point, with Davis I was a little ready and with this one I'm pretty much ready to be done havin' this belly. I've just been sooo hot this time around, and of course, more tired and emotional. Not totally sure if I'm truly ready to go through the newborn phase but I'm anxious to meet her, know what she is going to look like, what her personality is and all that. I am very, very thankful though that I have such easy pregnancies and smooth deliveries. I still have a few things that need to be done before the arrival day but I'm definitely not as stressed as I was a few weeks ago. I felt like my mind and emotions were in this crazy turbo mode and had to have everything done right away. I was also planning a bridal shower for my dear friend and I think the combination of it all was a part of the "nesting" mode that us pregnant girls go through, even though I'm usual in denial about it. =)

So I wanted to share with y'all about what I'm doing for my devotions because I'm really excited about it and think it's pretty cool. A couple of my friends told me about a "90 day Bible" that is just that....you read through the entire Bible in 90 days! I've been wanting to start it for a while, but haven't made an effort to do it. Even though I just started (today is day 3), I love it and am anxious to read more. I know it will be a struggle for me because I'm very undisciplined and lazy when it comes to stuff like this, but I think it will get easier as I go along. Kinda like getting myself to the gym....I battle going but once I start I enjoy it and look forward to it. I didn't buy the actual 90 day Bible but am just using my own Bible and following along with their schedule. A friend from my Sunday School class is going to try it too and if you'd like to join me, I'd love it! You have to keep reminding yourself that you are just reading and not studying. I already have lots of questions about the first parts of creation, but I think when I'm done I will go back and try to find out the answers! You can read more about it here: http://www.haventoday.org/blog.php

I also wanted to wish my dear nieces a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Emily is turning 8 and Natalie is turning 5 today. Wow! And how fun that these two sisters share the same day. I wish I could celebrate with them but they live in Canada and I don't get to see them much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!

2 comments:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Thanks for the update. I enjoyed reading it. I can't wait to see your adorable little one!!!

Anonymous said...

Julie -- how come I'm not listed on "friends and family"????? After all, I have been around for a long, long, long, long, time! Looking forward the Sept 8/9(?)delivery. Dr. D.