Friday, August 31, 2007

"Cha cha cha Changes.....!"

This is what happens when daddy is in charge! The PWT hair cut.... LOL! He's much cuter in the "after" picture!


So.....if any of you live in the SCV with us, you'll know that it is incredibly HOT. I mean HOT...gross, yucky, life-sucking, melting HOT. It's gross. 110 gross. And let me tell you, you don't know what HOT really means until you are lugging around a 39 week child in your belly while you do your normal things. I really don't think I've ever been so hot before. Can't say it enough. As my friend Renelle said in her blog, I can't WAIT for cold weather...to be able to put on a sweater, for the leaves to change, etc. I wish we lived in a state that actually had different seasons, but cooler weather is my wish right now!

Wednesday afternoon we decided to drive down to Disneyland for one last adventure before Baby #3 arrives. We planned on staying the night and then spending the whole day Thursday there and coming home that evening. On Thursday, we got in to the park around 8:15 am and by 10:30 I felt like I was DONE! I didn't want to say anything and be the party pooper, but around 11 or so, John said, "This is too hot! Let's go home when it's the kids nap time." I can't even tell you how excited I was to hear those words! So we ended up leaving around 2, but it was fun while we were there and thank goodness for season passes! The only major bummer was that I had turned the air off when we left and we walked in to an 87 degree home that took the whole night to cool down. Crappy!


So, some major UPDATES!! Wednesday morning I had a doctor appointment and my doctor decided to induce me the following Wednesday! YIKES! There are a variety of reasons for doing so and I'm pretty against people being induced unless medically necessary, but my doctor assured me that it was totally fine, etc, etc., plus it's only 3 days before my actual due date. He's going on vacation and wanted to deliver me before I left. I'm fine with another doctor, but my parents are coming out Monday to help and since we weren't sure what was going on with the Sheriff's dept, we wanted John to be home for it as much as possible. SOOOOO.....Sept 5th at 6am the party begins! CRAZINESS!! I almost don't like knowing the exact date but it's fun at the same time. I just can't believe it's almost here. I can't believe the Lord is entrusting me with another child! YIKES!

More great news is that after a huge, long, drawn-out, ridiculous process, John FINALLY has a date for the Sheriff's academy! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! Let me say that again....HIP, HIP, HOORAY! Most of you know the drama, but this process has been unbelievable long and for the stupidest reasons....seriously. It has been so ridiculous and drawn out that it almost felt like someone was playing a joke on us. But I think it is obvious to see God's hand in the entire process, for reasons we may and/or may not realize, but it is all coming together in/for His perfect timing. (And I'm so sorry, but I don't have the energy to type out the entire story for those of you who don't know!). So, Sept 17th, he'll start their "off the street" program where they start out doing office stuff and pre-training, and then the academy will begin Oct 3rd. YEAH!

Words can't describe how proud I am of John during this almost year long process and he has shown more discipline, dedication and patience (some of it forced on us! LOL) than anyone I know. And now he has an amazing body...so back off girls! =) The only problem is that the kids and I are going to miss having him around so much. Davis has gone from a mamma's boy to a daddy's boy and he's gonna hate it! Congrats babe...we love you and are SO VERY proud of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie and John,
We are thrilled to see that God has provided this new, wonderful, exciting job. What an exciting time in your lives. Thanks for sharing it with us. We can't wait to meet the baby and to hear more about the academy.

Danny

Renelle Davis said...

I can't even imagine what's it like being preggo in this heat...you must be miserable! Hang in there...only a few more days. Can't wait to see the new baby girl, she's gonna be SO cute! Please, let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help this week or next. And congrats again to John on the LAPD. We are so proud of him too! Hopefully we'll see you tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry that I was so out of it on the phone earlier...I realized that I didn't make any sense. I'm updating my blog after I finish this, and hopefully you will get a better picture of our trip. I'm praying for you as you deliver a precious new one, and you are a great mom. that is why God is giving you #3. Praise the Lord! John we are so proud of you. You've endured so much, and we will be praying for you as you start training. Love you all,
DeAnne

Kristal Sawyer said...

Wow...tomorrow baby #3 will BE HERE!!! So crazy...we are so excited for you!

And congrats to John on getting in...you guys have been patient and obviously God has perfect timing. I look forward to seeing what He has in store for you guys!!!