Wednesday, December 02, 2009

How is it December?!

Wow....I can't believe it's been almost 5 months sinced I've blogged!  Life has been pluggin' along at full speed and our summer was fun and busy!  Life goes by so quickly and I still can't believe it's December and almost Christmas!  This California weather sure doesn't make it seem like it could be that time of year, although we have had some colder days.  I haven't had the time, energy or too much desire to blog lately, especially now with Facebook, but here's a quick snapshot of what we've been up to since July......

In July, we did lots of stuff together as a family and the kids took swim lessons for the first time (Davis and Maddy).


I had a litter of Labradoodles go home (always a busy time).....


Threw one of my best friends, Chanel, a baby shower.....


At the beginning of August, we flew to Kansas City to visit my parents. My sister and her family drove down from Canada too and we all had a blast together! Some of the best times were spent together at a "woodsy" resort called the Big Cedar Lodge. Each family had their own little log cabins, which were very cool, and we swam, rented a boat, played miniature golf, went fishing, horseback riding...fun!


Days after getting back from KC, my big girl started Kindergarten.  Still can't believe it!  She loves it and loves to do her homework!  If only she knew......


Then we took a train to San Diego, spent the night and had fun!


Then I had my first litter of Goldendoodles.....


Then I realized that my Lab was super fat and was surprised with these....which meant things got EXTRA crazy!  13 puppies total between the two....plus the adults.  Whew.....that will hopefully be the one and only time I have 2 litters at the same time...at least so close in age.  It was too much!


In September, we celebrated Davis & Emma's birthdays


We went to Mammoth for the weekend and stayed in the most fabulous house.  It's owned by a Hollywood producer and we got it really cheap through a friend of a friend.....  Gorgeous!


Chanel delivered the most beautiful boy (Kingston) and I was able to be with her the whole day, except when they decided to do a c-section.  Very special!


I went to a Women of Faith conference and was gone 2 nights...only to come home to this....  Hubby got
a dirt bike!


At the end of Sept we had our annual trip to Yosemite in a motorhome.  The weather was just beautiful and a wonderful reminder of our awesome God.  Davis & Maddy really perfected their skills of riding their bikes without training wheels and joined us on a couple long bike rides!  There was a huge group of us that went....I think 14 families in all.  Lots of kids....it was great!


In October, John & I celebrated our 7th anniversary.......and on the same day, one of our favorite couples, Nate & Becky, delivered their 4th.....Ella!  So beautiful when your friends have babies!


October flew by with all the weekly activities and halloween.


And then where did November go?  I just don' know.... Thanksgiving was celebrated at a friends house and I was able to get out and do some Christmas shopping by myself on Black Friday, thanks to my dear hubby.  It was wonderful, even tho the whole town was out shopping too!  That same day, we got our Christmas tree and John put up a string of lights on the house.  When we were first married, John decked our house out in lights.  It was awesome!  But the older we get and the crazier/more stressful life gets, the more of a chore it is.....  Thank goodness we have our kids to help keep us young.

:)

3 comments:

Renelle Davis said...

Yay for giving us all an update! :) Glad to see all the pictures of your beautiful family. Next time, you need to post a pic of YOU in it too! :) Love you friend!

Kim Givens said...

FINALLY... a post. J/K. You take such great pictures! Glad you guys are doing well!

The Parsons' blog said...

I thought I'd just tell you it's December again! Just a year later, but still December non the less. Maybe you want to make another post saying - How is it December AGAIN?? ;) haha I'm so funny.