Friday, August 08, 2008

11 Months!

I couldn't bare to look at my blog because the snake pictures are SOO gross to me....they give me the creepies!! And I'm creeped out even more now b/c my neighbor 2 doors down found a snake in his backyard on Saturday! ECK! And at the bottom of our hill there is a boat storage place and they found 3 snakes in one day. AAAUUUGGHHH!!!! I'm packin' my bags and gettin' outta Dodge.

Ok, not really, but I am excited to post something different and not have to look those pictures anymore. :)

On a happier note...... Ms. Emma turned 11 months on Tuesday and is still darn cute, IMHO. For a month or two she's been taking 1-3 steps here-n-there, but has been really timid and unmotivated to walk much more than that. Makes it easier for me, that's for sure! But her big sister spent quite a while holding her hand and walking with her around the house 2 days ago and ever since then, Emma's figured out that walking isn't so bad after all and now she's getin' around pretty good. She's still wobbly, but it's amazing how much of a difference a day makes!


We leave early Tues morning to go visit my family in KC. My sister and her family will be driving down from Canada and we'll all get to hang out and just "be" for a bit over a week. I'm so excited to get away, get rejuvenated and see everyone! I'm also SO excited b/c John was coming for a few days too but I was going to have to fly with the kids by myself both ways. He surprised me and changed his flight so now we go there together. YEAH!!!! We're also getting together with my extended family for a grand ol' party to celebrate my special Grandpa Q's 90th Birthday! Can't wait! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules!! How's my roomy? I'm so glad that you found me. I think about you all the time. Your family is so beautiful and you look exactly the same!!! I am so glad to see you doing well. I couldn't stand to look at the snakes...creepy. I would recommend you move to Kauai ASAP. THere are no snakes or predators..except sharks. My little bro just got married and we just returned from the wedding. My friend Sandhya set me up on the blog so I should be adding to it pretty soon. Let's keep in touch!!! Love you. Rebekah

summer... said...

hope you have a fun trip to KC. thank you for taking the snake off... i hate snakes! hate is not able to express my distaste for snakes. hope you guys have a good time. hugs.

Renelle Davis said...

Miss Emma is SO amazingly adorable! (I think we both have the same yellow shirt although she looks way cuter in it!) :) I hope you have a BLAST on your vaca...I know it's much needed! When you get back, we are definitely hanging out. I miss you TONS! Love you!

Amber said...

My sister used to have this layout...I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout! I miss you so much my heart hurts. And I love you even more!
DeAnne

Kristal Sawyer said...

The new layout looks awesome!

summer roughton said...

yo! i am homeschooling partly. we homeschool 3 days and she goes to class the other two. it really is the best of both worlds. it has been such a blast this week. i loved it! we are doing a classical academy. lots of literature.