Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Canadians Are Coming!

Well....that should actually say, the Canadians Came! For about a week and a half, my entire family was able to come out to California and stay with us. It was great! My sister lives with her family (hubby and 3 kids) in Canada and my parents live in Kansas City. I haven't seen my sister's family in almost 2 years and it was definitely overdue. They haven't been out to Cali since right after my wedding over 5 years ago too. Her kids (8, 5, 3) have never been to the beach, so that was a huge "must do" as well as Sea World and Disneyland.

The day after they got here, we went to Ventura for family beach pictures and it was such a beautiful day. My sister lives in a place where it's cold, cold, cold and they still had snow back at home. The weather was a nice change for them! We also went down to San Diego for 3 days (which, by the way, was HOT) and went to Balboa park, Sea World, took a harbor tour and played in the water on Coronado Island. Then we went to Disneyland and spent the night there for 2 days of exhausting fun! It was a great time and so hard to say good-by. All the cousins had a great time playing with each other and Emma was a champ too because it left little time for naps. As a side note, Emma is on the brink of crawling and has 2 bottom teeth that have broken through.

I have a ton of pictures and haven't uploaded all of them, but here are some...




.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an incredible holiday! We've had snow everyday since I've been home. I miss you so much, and the kids miss being with Maddy, Davis and Emma. I am already saving for our next visit. Next time, we are going to I might just have to come by myself! I love you!
DeAnne

Kristal Sawyer said...

LOVE the pictures...especially the one of Davis wearing the skirt. =) I'm sure he'll love you for that one in a few years!

Anonymous said...

love it, love it, love it! Davis looks so natural in his tutu.
Becky