Thursday, November 30, 2006

We're back...gobble, gobble!





So we got back from Yosemite 2 weeks ago and I just haven't felt too motivated to update the ol' blog. Yosemite was great. Very beautiful and very peaceful. If you're going to camp, a motorhome is definitely the way to go. I wasn't able to move around and play with the kids the way I had hoped, as I get car sick pretty easily. Of course the best part was just having John around for a few days of uninterrupted time. The kids always love it when daddy's home. =)

We didn't do too much in Yosemite.....we took daily walks and/or bike rides and just appreciated the quiestness and God's glorious creation. There were 6 families total, all with kids, which made it very nice. The couples we went with go every year for Thanksgiving and have a whole little system down. They all bring easy-ups, put them together, throw a gigantic tarp over all the easy-ups, make a door, add a bunch of tables and a couple heaters and it's a warm, cozy little common area. It's so warm with the heaters, that you can be in a t-shirt and be fine. I thought I'd loose weight...camping and all...but with a motorhome you still eat soooo good. We saw a bear from a distance and several deer. In fact, a couple of times, we came VERY close to the deer. They didn't seem to mind us too much. I'm sure they are very used to having lots of people around. =) Anyhow, it was a good time. Fun memories forever.





Thanksgiving was fun too. We spent time at my sister-in-laws home and ate and ate and ate. So hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is literally a few weeks away. It has actually been cold here the last couple days, but it still doesn't seem like it's even near the Christmas season. It's my favorite holiday, but I think it would be hard for me to get into the spirit of things if it wasn't for the kids. All I really want to be is in the Spirit of things. If you know what I mean.




That's about it for now. Here's a few pics of our trip to share....


Okay...so the pics won't post. I'll try again later.





1 comments:

Renelle Davis said...

What cool pics. I'm so glad you had a great time in Yosemite! Mike and I really want to take Cole there some time soon. It is amazing to see God's creation up close like that. :)