Monday, May 29, 2006

Random

So my friend Kristal "tagged me" to name 6 random things about me. I'm a bit tired tonight and not so creative, but I'll try and think quickly....

1. I absolutely adore flowers. Love, love, love them (hence, "daissyj"). I could stare at them and smell them all day long & be in awe of our creator for every tiny detail about them. Delicate petals, glorious colors, wonderful smells, etc. I have so many favorites, but I think my very favorite is the peony. Hydrangeas too. Oh, and tulips. Roses of course. And Gerber daisies. I would love to have a quaint flower shop someday...

2. I love my family. I have a wonderful husband, two kids who bring me joy, two amazing parents, a fun sister & brother-in-law and special grandparents.

3. I loved my childhood. This is something I didn't truly realize until I became a mom, but I would love my kids to have some of the experiences that I did growing up, although they most likely won't be able to happen. I could go on forever, but to name a few.....I had/have 2 loving parents who raised me in a Believing home. I raised many different kinds of animals, ie: dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, pigs, sheep, cows, etc. My dad had a large animal vet clinic on our property, so I was exposed to sooo many fun, gorey (sp?) things....from helping deliver baby horses to watching my dad do surgery on them. My dad loved trees and my mom loves to garden, so between the two of them we had lots of fresh fruits and veggies, ie: grapes, apples, oranges, tangerine, persimmons, cherries, lemons, avocados, pecans, tomatoes, carrots, watermelon, etc, etc. I just hated picking them all.

4. I can pick things up with my toes. Yes, I know. Talented and weird at the same time.

5. I hate my alarm. That is one of the most annoying sounds EVER. And I'm such a deep sleeper that I think my husband (and old roommates) hated it even more! Nothing is better than staying up late and SLEEPING IN! =)

6. I love COLORS, but I think my all-time favorite, meaning the color I have loved the longest, is yellow. It's such a happy, uplifting, makes you smile color. So cheerful. My bedroom growing up was a loud, crazy, obnixous yellow that could make you get a tan. No one could possible be sad while sitting in my room. I loved it.

I think I'm suppose to tag someone else, so that will be Debra, Megan and Sarah M.

Oh...
7. Okay, it was only suppose to be 6, but I thought of one more. My favorite song of the moment is "This Good Day" by Fernando Ortega. I am reminded all the time that each day is a special gift from God. This song makes me smile. You should listen to it sometime:

THIS GOOD DAY
Morning sun
And morning glories
Pouring down the hill,
Through my window
I can feel the ocean breeze.
Noisy sparrows
Fill the oak trees
Swallows can’t stay still,
And in the glad commotion
Lord, you speak to me

If rain clouds come
Or the cold winds blow,
You’re the one who goes before me
And in my heart I know

(chorus)
That this good day
It is a gift from you.
The world is turning in its place
Because you made it to.
I lift my voice
To sing a song of praise
On this good day.

I will walk
To Woodman’s Cove,
The fishing boats are leaving
Seagulls follow
Just above the water.

I will wait
Until the sunset
Brings them home again,
Rigging lines and anchors
In the harbor.
(chorus)

1 comments:

Anchoring for my Soul said...

Shoo, now I've gotta get creative. :) It may take me a while. I'll start thinking.

Sarah