Friday, March 17, 2006

To blog or not to blog....that is the question

So, I've broken down and decided to create a blog. For now at least. I've debated for a while about having one and didn't see the point, since anyone who will read it will already be caught up on any news I'd have to write about. But I've been cooped up in the house all week and am getting restless, so I thought why not!. Both kids have some kind of "bug" and aren't feeling well. It makes me so sad to see them feeling yucky. Maddy is just getting to the point where she can tell me that her tummy hurts, but that is about the extent of it. Davis can only do a sad cry/whine and his 102 fever and runny nose tells me the rest.


This past weekend John and some friends completed another bike ride in the quaint little town of Solvang. They rode 100 miles through rain, hail and a bit of sunshine! I'm so proud of John for how far he has come since he first started riding! This coming weekend (the 19th) he will ride the course for the LA Marathon and the weekend after (26th) will be competing in a Triathlon in Oxnard.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! :-) Except Davis' nose!!! EEEWWWWWW! I just ate lunch.

Renelle Davis said...

Great picture of Davis!! I can't believe his yucky nose. Welcome to the blogging world...it's addictive! :) Thanks again for a great time in Solvang. I'm proud of the boys too!

Anonymous said...

Jules. I love the blog! I feel like I'm not so far away from you!

Keep posting pictures. Though Davis' nose is icky (I have to agree with the others), it's awesome to see him in "real life." :-)

Both of your kiddies are growing so fast. We've gotta get together this summer!

Anonymous said...

So cute! What a great idea. One letter to the world. Maddy is getting so big. I used to think she looked like both of you. I think she looks more like you now. Davis just needs a pair of spandex pants and a bike to look like Kris. (BTW- Davis' snot nose is really gross. Great pic!)

Julie said...

I don't know why everyone thinks his nose is so gross? LOL.... =) Thanks for all the comments. I really love them!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Jules, people like me are the PERFECT reason to blog! It's so great to get to read about how you're doing and what your family is up to since it's been so long since we've seen you. And now that we're in Texas, it will be even longer! God bless you guys and keep up the blogging!