Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's an IMPORTANT day!


Today is an important day for a couple of reasons. First of all, it's my sister's 34th birthday today! Happy Birthday DeAnne! I so wish I could celebrate your special day with you. You are wonderful and I am so blessed to not only call you my sister, but my friend. We send you LOTS of hugs and best wishes from Cali to Canada.

Today is also special because Davis
is a big 6 months old today! I feel like the time has flown and before long he will be well past being a "baby". This age is my favorite stage and I am remembering to enjoy every minute of it while it lasts. Davis just started eating solids last week and I have slowly introduced cereal, applesauce and sweet potatoes to his meals. Mmmmm! He's not too sure what he thinks about the textures and flavors yet though. AND...just this morning he started to crawl! It's technically not really "crawling" but more like "scooting" across the floor...... but his eyes are opening to a whole new level of freedom. I can put a toy in front of him and he's very determined to scoot toward it and grab it. Big accomplishment for the little man. =)

Maddy seems like such the little girl to me now and has really "grown up" since Dav
is was born. She's VERY eager to help and is a great little mommy. Last week she surprised us by singing the alphabet song and does very well, only missing a few letters here and there. She seems to have a good memory and remembers songs very well. In fact, I'm trying to get her to take a nap right now and she's just belting out her ABC's over and over. haha.

Well, I think that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed the family updates and I would love to read your comments if you have them. HAPPY SPRING!!!

3 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

YAY!!! Julie...I am so excited you have a blog! Can't wait for more updates. By the way...LOVE the picture of Davis's snotty nose. It's lovely. =)

Love you!

Kristal

Renelle Davis said...

What a great picture of Maddy! She is such a doll!

Anchoring for my Soul said...

Welcome to blogging Julie! Okay, so that snotting nose seriously makes me want to gag everytime I see it. How do you handle that? I guess I do see it daily with students but not that bad :)

Have a great day!
Sarah