Tuesday, July 25, 2006

We're melting!

So it's been a while since I've written, but there's not much exciting stuff going on. Oh yeah, except we are melting in this gross heat! Holy cow...this summer brings on a whole new meaning of HOT to the Santa Clarita valley. It's never been this hot in SCV since I moved here about 10 years ago (wow...I can't believe I've been out here that long!). In fact a few days ago (Sat?) they recorded the hottest day in LA's history. It's been in the 120's and hotter...no joke! AND, we got our electric bill and wow...it was HIGH. Who likes to be hot and sticky in their own home? But now we are doing lots to save $$, even if it means sweatin' a bit at home. I'm just staying close to the fans. =)

Davis turned 10 months on Friday and continues to grow and change each day. I know I say this a lot, but it's amazing how babies grow in their first year...or two. Such a blessing for me to be at home and watch it all happen. He's close to walking and has taken a few steps every now and then, but then realizes what he's doing and let's himself crash. Maddy just turned 2 1/2 on the 10th and loves to be the bossy big sister and sing "Jesus Loves Me." Below is Maddy taking care of her baby "Dolly," who is also known as Golly and Molly. =)

1 comments:

Renelle Davis said...

Pretty crazy how hot it's been!!! I'm melting away too! I am SO scared to get the electric bill for this month. YIKES...I'm sure mine will be outrageous. Your kids are so darn cute!! What a cutie Maddy is with her Dolly! :) And Davis' smile is too much to handle! What amazing kids you guys have!! Hope to see you soon! Don't melt away...