Saturday, June 24, 2006

KC

This past week, John and I (and the kids) packed up and went to visit my parents home in Kansas City. The main point of the trip was for John to help my dad put pavers around their pool, but it was also great for us to see them and help keep the bond between the kids and their Grandma & Grandpa. They put in a lot of sweat on the project and got a good portion of it done. Way to go guys!

On Father's Day we drove down to Witchita and surprised my Grandparents and visited with my Aunt, Uncle & cousins. It was a great time, but too short! Here's a picture of my Grandpa Q and Davis Q. So many people are confused about Davis's middle name being "Q".... But it is in honor of my Grandpa Quakenbush (there are no more family members on this side of the family to pass on the name) and it is also my dad's nickname (much easier than saying Quakenbush). I love it.

Maddy and Davis had a great time. They miss you Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems I recognize the big guy with the gray hair -- reminds me of someone called "Dr. Death".